Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mimi's Visit

My mom, now known as Mimi, came to visit and to help me get adjusted to life with a newborn. Along with the fun of holding Jake and helping take care of him, she also did a lot of laundry, dishes, cooking, grocery shopping, and bringing me something to drink during Jake’s marathon feeding sessions. It was so great having her here, and I don’t know if we could have made it through the first two weeks without her. I was so sad when she had to leave. Thanks, mom, for all your help! We love you and miss you already.




Mimi and Jake relaxing






Stuart and Nicole sent us this really

cool welcome sign a few days after

Jake was born.

My mom babysat Jake for a little while so Chris

and I could go on our last dinner date for a while.







2 comments:

  1. You look great Kristen! I can't wait to meet Jake!!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great pics! Your mom is so sweet and I am so glad I got to meet her! Doesnt it make you have a whole new appreciation for your mom when you become one yourself? You are doing a wonderful job and you have a fantastic role model!

    ReplyDelete