Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fun in the Sun!

At the beginning of August, we took a family vacation to Captiva Island, FL.  We had a wonderful, relaxing time with my mom, dad, brother, and future sister-in-law.  I had no idea that taking a trip to the beach would require so much stuff until I really started thinking about it.  We definitely could not have done it without my mom and dad's help!  They installed the new car seat, bought a new wagon (which for some reason Jake did not like near as much as he does at home), brought a pack 'n play, sunscreen, toys for Jake, etc. 

My mom was great with Jake and babysat him several times so we could go out to dinner.  It was so nice to have some quality time with her, and Chris and I really appreciated getting some alone-time too.  We really enjoyed going to the Bubble Room for dinner with Kyle and Shannon.  I hadn't seen my brother in over a year and a half, and getting to spend some time with him really reminded me how much fun he is and how much I enjoy his company!  This was the first time I had met Shannon, and already I know she is going to be an awesome addition to our family.  We have a lot in common, and I am looking forward to future family time together!  Even though my dad could only stay one night, it was so nice getting to hang out with him as well.  As usual, he had everyone laughing hysterically and was greatly missed when he was gone.  Thanks again mom and dad for making our first family beach vacation so wonderful!



Mom, me, and Jake on our balcony
Papa just chillaxin'
Chris and me before one of our dinner dates
Shannon, Kyle, and Jake
Me and Kyle at the Sanibel Cow
Bubble Room here we come!
Uncle Kyle and Jake
View from the condo
Me, Jake, Mom and Dad
Jake and Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment